- We are currently moving our web resources and information to Canada.ca. The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) website will remain available until this move is complete.
For more than 40 years, we have been connecting museums with Canadians.
A national centre of expertise, the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) enables Canada's museums to connect with each other and their audiences through the use of digital technologies.
This commitment has led to the development of products and services that nurture the creation, management, presentation and preservation of Canada's digital heritage content.
Working with heritage institutions across Canada, CHIN makes it possible for Canada's heritage professionals and volunteers to:
Interact and Learn with Colleagues through CHIN
CHIN provides an online space for heritage workers to learn, share and collaborate. Shaped by CHIN's collaborative research activities, our skill development resources cover topics such as intellectual property, standards, automated collections management, online marketing and digitization.
Explore and Share Collection Records through Artefacts Canada
Canada's national inventory of museum objects, Artefacts Canada is a vital research and reference resource for heritage professionals. It contains more than 4 million records, including images.
In partnership with organizations in Canada and abroad, CHIN conducts and publishes primary and applied research. This research enables CHIN and the heritage community to better understand and manage issues and developments relating to heritage digital content.
This research also allows CHIN and the heritage community to adopt standards and best practices related to digital technology, such as:
- digital preservation;
- sustainable business models for museums in a digital environment;
- intellectual property management;
- in-house policy development;
- online user needs (e.g. Web trends, audience behaviour, user interface design and related accessibility issues).
Learn More About CHIN
- Date modified: