Resources for Social Media in Museums
Advance your museum's social media presence with these tips sheets, directories, and project examples from other museums in Canada and beyond.
Digital Preservation Toolkit
Our Digital Preservation Toolkit offers concrete steps to identify digital material found in your museum, the potential risk and impact of lost material, and how to get started in the development of preservation policies, plans and procedures.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Learn how to boost your institution's visibility in search engines, such as Google, with this thematic resource kit on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) enables museums and other heritage institutions to connect with each other and their audiences through digital technologies. CHIN offers professional development products and services as well as collections management resources and expertise for the heritage sector. CHIN’s online resources are developed specifically for museum professionals and are publicly available.
- Digitization Standards for the CMCC: Scan and Artifact Photography
- Adopting a Classification System for Collections of Cultural Objects: A Comparison of Nomenclature 4.0 and the Parks Canada Classification System
- Canmuse-l (listserv)
- Capture Your Collections 2012 – Small Museum Version
- Choosing the Right Social Media For Your Institution
- Podcasting for Small Museums: A How-to-Guide
- Collections without Borders: Sustaining Digital Content at Cultural Institutions
- Artefacts Canada Natural Sciences Database
- Making Up the Rules: New Documentation Standards for Canadian Museums
- Introduction to Documentation of Heritage Collections
- Date modified: