Resources for Social Media in Museums
Advance your museum's social media presence with these tips sheets, directories, and project examples from other museums in Canada and beyond.
Digital Preservation Toolkit
Our Digital Preservation Toolkit offers concrete steps to identify digital material found in your museum, the potential risk and impact of lost material, and how to get started in the development of preservation policies, plans and procedures.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Learn how to boost your institution's visibility in search engines, such as Google, with this thematic resource kit on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) enables museums and other heritage institutions to connect with each other and their audiences through digital technologies. CHIN offers professional development products and services as well as collections management resources and expertise for the heritage sector. CHIN’s online resources are developed specifically for museum professionals and are publicly available.
- 2004 Survey of Visitors to Museums' Web Space and Physical Space: Survey Documentation and Findings
- 3D Pilot Project - Complementary Physical and Virtual Experiences with 3D Objects
- A Canadian Museum's Guide to Developing a Digital Licensing Agreement Strategy
- A Museum Guide to Digital Rights Management
- Adopting a Classification System for Collections of Cultural Objects: A Comparison of Nomenclature 4.0 and the Parks Canada Classification System
- Anne Kenney and Nancy McGovern on Ten Good Reasons to Pursue Digital Preservation
- Artefacts Canada - Humanities
- Artefacts Canada Natural Sciences Database
- Artists in Canada
- Augmented Reality
- Date modified: