- We are currently moving our web resources and information to Canada.ca. The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) website will remain available until this move is complete.
Resources for Social Media in Museums
Advance your museum's social media presence with these tips sheets, directories, and project examples from other museums in Canada and beyond.
Digital Preservation Toolkit
Our Digital Preservation Toolkit offers concrete steps to identify digital material found in your museum, the potential risk and impact of lost material, and how to get started in the development of preservation policies, plans and procedures.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Learn how to boost your institution's visibility in search engines, such as Google, with this thematic resource kit on Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
- Digitization Standards for the CMCC: Scan and Artifact Photography
- CHIN Data Dictionaries
- Introduction to Documentation of Heritage Collections
- New Technologies and Museums: Glossary by the Canadian Heritage Information Network
- Digital Preservation Policy Framework: Development Guideline Version 2.1
- Digital Preservation - Best Practices for Museums
- Artists in Canada
- CHIN Guide to Museum Standards
- Core Standards for Canadian Museums
- Standards for the use of the Material (MA), Technique (MT) and related fields on the Humanities National Database of the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN)
- Date modified: